Great post!!!! Already passing it on, and will wear red every friday from now on.
RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing. We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.
Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something red.
By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.
The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear some thing red every Friday.
IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON -- IF YOU COULD CARE LESS -- THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON --- IT IS YOUR CHOICE. WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.
THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED---- SO WEAR RED! --- MAY GOD HELP AMERICA TO BECOME ONE NATION, UNDER GOD
free like OJ all day
Great post!!!! Already passing it on, and will wear red every friday from now on.
Bump
free like OJ all day
From the KPT Times-
We don't really support troops
Recently I received an e-mail requesting I wear the color red on Fridays to support our troops. It made me wonder exactly how, while being over 6,000 miles away, would wearing a specifically dyed fabric help the troops?
We entered a war on a premise that is still up for debate, without an exit strategy, and without properly equipping the brave young men and women who serve our country with pride.
A man with no combat experience, Donald Rumsfeld, said, "You go to war with the Army you have."
Really? Is that how we won World War II and defeated the Axis powers? With a large percentage of our Navy disabled in Pearl Harbor, we built a new Navy, an Air Force and an Army. We went in with all new armed forces. We rationed, stopped auto production and started victory gardens. In this current war, we slap a made in China sticker on an SUV that gets 8-12 mpg and pat ourselves on the back for "supporting the troops.''
While the previous administration did not build up our armed forces, neither has this one since 9/11. To support the troops I would collect broken down cars and trucks and melt them down for armor for our troops' Hummers. We could slow down or stop production of gas-guzzling SUVs until the troops are home as we did in World War II, showing them some respect that saves American lives. We could raise money in communities to send bulletproof vests to our troops through bake sales, raffles and dances. School children could be encouraged to write to our troops and do fund-raisers for bulletproof vests and communication devices.
Churches, untaxed and able to pass the collection bowl, could make donations.
Our troops felt they were doing the right thing by enlisting and putting their lives on the line so we could enjoy freedom. I think we could enjoy it a little less lavishly, and with a lot less waste, if it will mean more of our nation's armed forces coming home alive and intact.
Mark Hopkins
Kingsport
The only thing I can say is That's just wrong! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
free like OJ all day
I agree. Spuds you remind me of an old hippy that don't know what to do. I can understand (not approve) you not supporting our president, or even our government, But to post something like that about not supporting our troops, that's just messed up.
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Our troops felt they were doing the right thing by enlisting and putting their lives on the line so we could enjoy freedom. I think we could enjoy it a little less lavishly, and with a lot less waste, if it will mean more of our nation's armed forces coming home alive and intact.
[/ QUOTE ] I just thought it was a different point of view- he said from the start, or at least I took it that way, we should do MORE for the troops. Where do you find providing armour for Hum-vees not supporting the troops? That has been a problem for a while, and from the start. Hummers weren't built to withstand much fire. Guy said we need to shift from making cars to weapons, quit driving SUVs and buckle down if everyone really wants to "finish the mission" and make some modern weapons. If the border with Mexico isn't closed and the WMDs went out of Iraq they will end up here, so if we are gonna do this let's crank things up and really go to war. Some Guard units are on their 3rd deployment in 10 years. I didn't take this as being against the troops, he said the country should do more than wear colored clothes, I thought some of the folks here might find the letter interesting, if it seems to be against the troops to you -I'll apologize- I'll never slight the troops. But when this started and you see folks wanting ANYTHING to cover their butts while in a Hum-vee, while someone has a party costing 25 grand in food alone.... well , that is why I've always said get in and get out. Figure out what you need to do and go finish that. But we all know that I ain't that smart.
I didnt even read that part....i thought that was your words
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
MMMMM so am I still on the hit list? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
nah man lol
i tend to half read things alot of times
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
Bookmarks